Notes about oocalc.
If you have a condition like SUMIF, you must use double quotes. Single quotes won’t work.
If you use single quotes you’ll get a sum of 0.
Edit a cell without clicking
Hit F2 to edit a cell without having to click in it.
Source cell range from different sheet
- Copy the range in sheet 1.
- Paste Special in sheet 2, selecting the Link option.
Show rows hidden by a filter
If you apply a filter and it hides a load of cells, select all cells (i.e. selection includes cells before and after), then do Format -> Row -> Show.
Export a graph/chart
One way of exporting a spreadsheet graph or chart is to copy it into a LibreOffice drawing and export from there.
- Copy the chart to the clipboard.
- Create a new drawing. File -> New -> Drawing.
- Paste into the drawing.
- Export the drawing (as whatever format you want).
Flip a bar chart
If you have a bar chart that shows largest to smallest and you want it to show smallest to largest…
- Right-click the chart and select Edit.
- Right-click on the labels of the axis you’d like to flip and select Format Axis.
- On the Scale tab select ‘Reverse direction’.
- Click OK.