This page links to a number of articles that clearly explain the considerable benefits of adopting web standards (and using css instead of tables for design).
- Why tables for layout is stupid – A good introductory presentation about why you shouldn't use tables for layout.
- whatever for? – An article about why you should switch to css layouts, with a slant on the history of browser design hacks and an emphasis on your responsibilities as a designer.
- To Hell With Bad Browsers – Why you should push for css-based design.
- Design Rant – Article about css based design, which rightly suggests you focus on content before building up the richness of your design from basics.
- The benefits of Web Standards to your visitors, your clients and you! – A clear, to the point presentation on the benefits of web standards.
- A Web Standards Primer – Introductory article about web standards which focuses on introducing the core concepts.
- The Business Value of Web Standards – Why the adoption of web standards have considerable benefits to your business.