I've got a Honda Hornet 600 with some nice mods. It's my first bike and I'm loving it (there's a pic on the Hornet page).
- Honda Hornet CB600F-Y - I bought a Hornet Many of these notes are specific to my bike, e.g. choice of tyre. Model Honda Hornet. CB600F-Y (Y indicating it’s the 2000 model). Electronics Battery Type: YTX7L-BS Rear lights For my Ermax undertray, the rear light bulbs...
- Motorbike Buyer's Checklist - This is a list of things to check when buying a motorbike. Some of the details may be differ between bikes, so do your research about the particular one you'll be looking at. Things to find out The length of time the seller has owned the bike. It's...
- Motorbike Retailers - Online motorbike retailers, ordered by RiDER Power survey 2011: GetGeared.co.uk 4.64 Motorworks 4.61 Grand Prix Legents 4.56 Sportsbikeshop 4.54 David Silver 4.49 Wemoto 4.45 racevisors.co.uk 4.41 Nippy Normans 4.36 Bikebitz 4.27 ...
- Motorbike Tyre Guide - This page contains some information about motorbike tyres. Basic codes The year 2000 Honda Hornet 600 requires tyres bearing the following codes: FRONT: 120/70ZR17 (61W) (Michelin/Bridgestone) REAR: 180/55ZR17 (73W) (Michelin/Bridgestone) Lets ...
- Motorcycle shops in South West London - The following is a list of motorcycle shops in South West London, compiled while I was looking for a pair of leather trousers to zip into my Richa jacket. Alien Motorcycles 2 Ravenswood Road Balham London SW12 9PJ Tel: 020 8675 0734 Number not wor...
- Hornet's Nest – The best online Honda Hornet resource.
- Moto Technique – Manchester based motorbike training school and bikes/accessories sales. This is where I learnt to ride. Unusually they train you on a Honda Hornet 600 for the big bikes course - unusual but brilliant. This site is out of date. Give them a ring on 0161 833
- Dynojet - Jet kits – Description of how jet kits work.
- Scorpion Exhausts – I have one on my Hornet. Lovely.
- Ermax – Motorcycle accessories. Mainly plastics. I've got one of their undertrays. In my experience you get absolutely brilliant service.
- Tapework Graphics – I've some of the neon yellow rim strips on my bike. Looks great as far as I'm concerned.
- The Motorcycle and Side Car Testers Manual – The Motorcycle and Side Car Testers Manual
- Tapework Graphics - Neon rimstrips – I've some of the neon yellow rim strips on my bike. Looks great as far as I'm concerned.
- Suspension .... boingg! – Description of suspension adjustments.
- BFM Motorcycles Online Parts Store – Reputed to be good value for tyres.
- Membership Renewal Form for The HHOC – Membership Renewal Form for The Hornet's Nest - Honda Hornet Owners Club. Linked here for future reference.
- Sport Bike Motorcycle Performance Test Results – Performance, weights and measurements of all bikes tested by Sport Bike magazine since 1997.
Other useful resources
- For a bike service or MOT in Manchester, try Mr Pig's. Ask for Ian. He did a great job on my bike and I can honestly say I rode away noticing a world of difference. I particularly value his honest, no-nonsense approach. Call him on 0161 272 6088. Other contact details should be on the http://www.mrpigs.com.
- If you get a puncture you could try a company called The Cavalry. A friend of mine used them recently and was very pleased with the service. A guy arrived on a bike laden with gear and fixed the problem at the roadside in 1/2 hour. The number is 07974 260 311. They may only be available near London though.